JellyPages.com

Monday, March 3, 2014

I'm back sitting in the ambulance. We got a fulfilling 2 hours of sleep last night. I am reminded that about how this job can make you wish that you have entered into a more fulfilling job such as septic tank maintenance and repair. I really am counting on the powerball to kick start my professional hunting/fishing career. I feel like I should be a shoe in. I've got good credentials. I know some people how have had some smaller hunting shows and say it can be miserable. My thoughts are if your worst day in the office is hanging a deer stand. You can pretty much scratch that one up in the win column. I've started working out recently and I have been reminded that I am no longer a fire fighter or in that kind of shape. I can run a mile but that second one is not performed at a steady pace to put it lightly. The snow geese are finally gone and it's turkey time. This would be a great weekend to roost butI'm here on this truck. The turkeys are and infant this year due to 2 straight years of good hatches. So I should have plenty of stories of how I epically called a sad daddy in against all odds to take a shot and finally put the relentless monster in my skillet. I have already broke out the ole wood havens and started singing the song of one hens despair. This is the hardest part of the year for me. I mean turkey season is less than 2 weeks away. I am like a kid on Christmas. There is nothing in the world that can equal a thunderous gobble come thru silent calm woods on a foggy morning. My grandfather, mom and uncle got me into I never really had a choice. My dad was a great turkey hunter but he was one of those hunter who could sneak up on them. I am like a bull in a china shop. So I have to rely on mouth calls more that stalking.on the plus side I'm not bad at setting up on them. There are very few people I know who I can't call a bird off of but as far as creeping I am probably the worst person to try this. I guess, I got ok at calling out of necessity.well until boredom sets in again, I bid you adeaux

No comments:

Post a Comment