JellyPages.com

Sunday, March 2, 2014

I'm at again, this time from the ambulance. This is pretty addicting it's like a journal that let's be honest nobody is going to read. I'm well aware that I'm pretty much talking to myself. I'm ok with it, I'm just no sure if I should be. Well turkey season is almost here and it's time to break out the mouth calls and putt, purr, yelp, cackle, and cluck all the way to and from places. Turkey hunting is really obsessive and I feel like we get robbed on the short seasons. I have never really tried the fall season. Mostly because I like talking to them. I make it fun too. I am not one of those incredibly analytical hunters. I like to play it by ear. Most people I go turkey hunting with once usually try to hunt everyday of the season after that. It's a passion and there is really no other type of hunting that can compare to it. Very few women can understand this. I have concluded that it is pointless to try and explain  My girlfriend has a cool attitude and realizes I love it. So she just doesn't say anything. I mean if she did we would fight just about every day I'm off. I turkey hunt a good bit. The best advice I can give you about calling is go to the woods and listen to the hens. A lot of people over call and it will work on jakes but the big birds are not going to be fooled. I have killed more birds with a simple put and purr than any fighting purr, or cackle. I only use mouth calls and it's best to have multiple options. Turkey's are like us different stroke for different folks. Always be patient turkeys are very over zealous animals. The only time you can really kill them is when they are thinking about the ladies but if it only happened for you once a year I'm pretty sure you would end up full of some copper plated shot too. I've seen people sneak up on Turkey's on TV but in real life I've been busted moving my gun 3 inches. I hunt eastern turkeys which I'm pretty sure are the smartest turkeys in the world. Also on TV they put a lot emphasis on beard length any true turkey hunter will tell you the spurs make the bird.i understand in rocky areas the spurs get worn down but here that's what we are looking at I'll take 2 inch spurs over a 14 inch beard any day. Also another thing is to listen to everyone's advice. You don't know everything and never will. I'll listen to your comments but as I said I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who will see this. I love hearing tricks and trying them. Some work some don't but you'll never know unless you try them . Well anyway, I've said enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment