JellyPages.com

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Alright the second one, here we go. I’m an avid hunter and there is no doubt. I work with a lot of not so avid hunters and they are constantly trying to tell me how to hunt. I was told by my grandpaw to take all the advice you get because the best advice you can have is life experience. I’m just saying have you ever heard of something so absurd that you can’t help but to completely stop listening? I have a partner as my emt basic and he has to be the best at everything. He is a great guy but the lies pile up in there. It just made me think of all the stupid stuff I’ve done like almost once in a lifetime and when I tell people they think I’m lying. The first deer I ever killed with a bow was crazy and nobody believes. I was like 16 and I had my appendix removed the doctor told me not to bow hunt. So naturally I was squirrel hunting. I was in a oak flat by a high line and a saw a deer I could faintly see was a buck. I figured he was coming to the flat I was in and I was only about 2 hundred yards from my jeep. So, I ran back there and grabbed the bow. I ran back as fast as I could to the flat I set up by a big oak tree. Right about 15 minutes later I heard what I thought was the buck blow at me. Well I was discouraged. So I steeped out of the little blind and there was the buck about 15 yards behind me. I drew and panic shot. I didn’t even use the pins. I hit the deer in the back legs in MS we are allowed to use poison and the deer was down in seconds. Well I knew I wasn’t going to be able to drag the deer out of the woods myself so I called my brother in law. It is dark at this point and we used flashlights to find the deer and get out of the woods. I was pumped it was my first bow kill and it was a buck from the ground. I mean I just went full beast mode on my first bow kill. Well my uncles and father were at my grand father’s house which was pretty common thing. We rolled up full of pride and to show them my deer, which we placed in the back of my jeep due to fact my brother in law was in a car. Well I didn’t think that the flashlights and the 22 I was using to hunt squirrels with were back there. None of them believed me and they all thought I had spotlighted the deer. I was crushed and I have pretty much been defending that story ever since

No comments:

Post a Comment